Is your air conditioner not functioning correctly? Don’t let air conditioning problems ruin your summer! Michael I Newbern Air Conditioning Contractor Inc is here to help you with all your air conditioning repair needs in Auburndale, FL. As a leading air conditioning service provider, we understand the importance of a properly functioning AC system, especially during the hot summer. In this blog post, we will discuss three common air conditioning problems and tips to prevent them. Continue reading and learn how to keep your AC system running all summer smoothly long.
Dirty Air Filters
One of the most common air conditioning problems is dirty air filters. Air filters remove impurities and allergens before they circulate in your home. When air filters become obstructed with dust and debris, they restrict the airflow, causing your AC to work harder to maintain the desired temperature. This puts a strain on the system and increases your energy bills.
- Change air filters every 30-60 days, depending on usage.
- Use high-quality air filters with a MERV rating of 8 or higher for better air filtration.
- Clean the air filters regularly if you have pets or live in a dusty environment.
Refrigerant is a vital component of your air conditioning system that helps to absorb and remove heat from your home. A refrigerant leak can occur due to wear and tear or poor installation, causing your air conditioner to blow warm air or stop working entirely. If you notice a hissing sound or ice buildup on the AC unit, it’s a sign of a refrigerant leak, and you should call a professional immediately.
- Schedule regular maintenance and inspection of your air conditioning system to check for leaks.
- Avoid overworking your air conditioner by setting the temperature at a comfortable level.
- Hire a licensed professional for AC installation in Auburndale to ensure proper installation and prevent future leaks.
The thermostat is the control center of your air conditioning system, responsible for regulating the temperature and controlling the cooling process. A faulty thermostat can cause your AC to malfunction, resulting in uneven cooling or no cooling. If your air conditioning system is not responding to the thermostat, it’s time to get it checked by a professional.
- Keep the thermostat away from heat sources, direct sunlight, and drafts to avoid inaccurate readings.
- Change the batteries of your thermostat regularly to ensure proper functioning.
- Upgrade to a programmable thermostat that allows you to set different temperatures for different times of the day.
Preventing air conditioning problems ensures your air conditioner runs efficiently and smoothly. Regular maintenance, timely repairs, and proper usage can go a long way in extending the lifespan of your AC system and avoiding costly repairs. As a leading HVAC service provider in Auburndale, FL, Michael I Newbern Air Conditioning Contractor Inc is committed to providing high-quality AC installation and repair services. Contact us today for all your air conditioning needs, and we will help you stay cool and comfortable all summer.